Beautiful Feet

I was watering my container garden this afternoon, (pictures and story on that tom.) and I had some thoughts. I had not gone barefoot since last fall. We live in Florida and I get really hot if anything is on my feet during the summer. But, I decided after seeing my friends beautiful uncalloused feet, because she always wear shoes,that I'd give it a try. Plus, I managed to get a pretty severe case of planter's faciatis. (It's the shortening of the ligament between the ball of the foot and the heel.) I got that from standing barefoot on my tile floors while cooking and cleaning. So anyway, I've had a successful winter because it was VERY cold here in Florida until about 2 weeks ago. BUT today I could not stand it any longer. I went barefoot by a pool we visited and today in the backyard by the garden. (I realized that I need to paint my toenails very badly.) After I came inside I noticed that my feet were VERY dirty. I decided to wash them in my bathroom sink. I hoisted my first foot up there and then the second and smiled as a strange clean feeling overcame me. It may be a small thing but I was reminded of something I hadn't thought about in a long time.
GOD is like this! He lets us get dirty. He allows to walk around with dirty feet. We may try to wear shoes all of the time to cover our sin, but He is never fooled. He waits for us to go to Him to wash our feet and get clean again. I want that! I want that every day. I am going to let Him wash my sin away.

Everyday!


Comments

Popular Posts