My Friend at "It's all Random" Shared this. I Agree!!!




It's All Random
Ok so here's the deal. Katy Perry appeared on Sesame Street with Elmo and sang a child friendly variation of her song "Hot and Cold". A video of the appearance appeared on the Internet before the episode aired. Parents were apparently furious at Katy's dress and eventually got Sesame Street to decide not to air Katy's appearance. So here is my 2 cents. Yes Katy's dress was a little too low cut for a preschool show. HOWEVER, the producers DIDN'T see any problem with it themselves since they allowed her to wear it to begin with. I myself don't think that any child that is a fan of SESAME STREET AND ELMO are even paying attention to her dress whatsoever. Children are innocent. They aren't looking at Katy's breasts. These children are babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. They have more interest in the cute little puppets and the fun little song than the dress. My 7 month old nephew LOVES Sesame Street and even though he can't talk yet to answer this question himself, I am sure if you asked what he was looking at he would say ELMO. Some people need to realize that small kids don't think about things the way adults do. I remember watching Home Improvement when I was little because I was in love with the adorable boys on the show. When I watch it now, I understand all the adult jokes and sexual innuendos that are said. I didn't have a clue what anything meant when I watched this show when I was little because my mind didn't think that way. Just like children that watch Sesame Street don't think about Katy Perry's dress being too sexual. IDK just my opinion.

Comments

Nicole said…
Not a prob at all :). Glad to hear someone agrees with me lol.
Unknown said…
I don't see a problem with it either! Sometimes I think parents need to just chill. :)
Emma said…
Another example of some folk wrapping their kids in cotton wool...sheesh...and compared to some of the stuff which I grew up watching it's completely tame. In theory I should be all kinds of damaged, and yet somehow I can together a sentence string ;-)
Emma that laugh it made me...:)

Popular Posts