2 Small Beefs to Pick



      I really do not want to be a complainer but I could talk all day about the people that confront me on a regular basis. I do not know if I have "Magnet for Confrontation" across my forehead or what? It happens all of the time and although I laugh it off, it's really NOT funny. The conversation yesterday was in my local grocery store. A lady beside me wanted to know :
"WHY ARE YOU BUYING ORGANIC MEAT? What's so great about it, she insisted....!!!"
I told her I have been convicted lately, partly because of a movie I watched, partly because I have always known, that it's just better for you. I have 3 children and my husband and I want to make a change. But, she stood there pecking at me until I said this. "It is my business what I CHOOSE to buy. If you'd like to pay my grocery bill than you can say all you want to. Until then please leave me alone."
This is NOT an isolated incident. It happens to me almost every time I go out. The ironic thing I do not often talk to them first. So I am going to make a button that says the greatest thing my Dad ever taught me.
"TO EACH HIS/HER OWN!!!"
Now I know , I know this can't pertain to everything in life. But, it can let people know that they need to think before they speak. (Me included.)
The other issue I have is:
 "WHY ARE SOOO MANY FASHIONS DESIGNED FOR REALLY SMALL PEOPLE???"
(I know nothing to do with the last issue.)
We just joined the YMCA and I know that I will lose weight. But, on the way I'd like to wear cute clothes that show off my personality. I am a size 14/16. Sometimes a 18/20. It all depends on how things are made. But, I am o.k. with it. I look just like the women in my family. We are strong and independent. We know who we are in Christ, and we are proud of it! I would like to tell the designers of the world to take a chance. If you make it in our size we may buy it. Besides when I lose weight I have one part of me that doesn't change. I need clothes to fit that part too......So anyway.......
I hope you have a super Thursday! I know we will.

Comments

I got the meat thing the other day when I mentioned to my grandma that I was going to start going to the local meat market. Some lady overheard me and got really weird about it. Apparently people like me are too picky. lol

Did you watch Food Inc?

And I have to agree on the clothes. I'm 21 and I have a very hard time finding appropriate but cute clothes. Everything is skin tight and shows too much skin. I hate clothes shopping!
Anonymous said…
I'm following your blogs now!!

Popular Posts