Grief





Grief is a multi-faceted response to loss, particularly to the loss of someone or something to which a bond was formed. Although conventionally focused on the emotional response to loss, it also has physical, cognitive, behavioral, social, and philosophical dimensions. Common to human experience is the death of a loved one, whether it be a friend, family, or other companion. While the terms are often used interchangeably, bereavement often refers to the state of loss, and grief to the reaction to loss.

I am just getting through today. I have NEVER felt what I feel now before. We have experienced loss before. A Grandparent, an Aunt or Uncle. A national grief. But, this is a grief undefined. Ava was not my child, but we all loved her very much. We walked through a 2 month journey thinking about her and her family every day! My daughter played with her. Our son watched her at church. We prayed, we laughed, we just loved on them. Now she's gone to heaven. Although I know that she's in a better place we still suffer grief.  Day by day, week by week it will get easier. I just hope that this experience , this unity of the body of Christ will continue on. Let us not have to have a tragedy to come together.
Let's love one another NOW!


Comments

Unknown said…
I'm so sorry for your loss. I think it is harder to loose a child (even if they are not your own) because they didn't do anything to "deserve" getting cancer. A friend of mine lost her 3-year-old daughter to a brain tumor, and even though I had never met the little girl, I cried. My eyes still well up when I think about her. It just wasn't fair. Knowing that you will see her again in Heaven - hopefully that will bring you some comfort.

I'll be praying.

Popular Posts